Welcome to South Side Street Cars of Grand Rapids Michigan

Welcome to our website! This is were we spend some time mainly talking to one another about whatever it is suits us at the time. We are a group of car lovers that live in the Greater Grand Rapids area. We have a few members from out of state as well. If you would like to get connected to a group of fun, mostly laid back, car loving people, please take the time to REGISTER, and check out what we have to offer. Feel free to start a new post, contribute to an existing one, or just lurk around for a bit.

Most of us have known each other for a long time so don't be scared away by some of the conversations. [lol] We all know what we mean for the most part and it is meant in fun most of the time. I mean we are car people so the occasional bench racing and so on does occur. ;D

Author Topic: carburetor suggestions  (Read 132 times)

Online vortecd

• King Of The Sleeper
  • South Side Member
  • Octane: Tech:108/Laugh:74
  • HEMI POWERED
carburetor suggestions
« on: July 04, 2018, 05:48:52 PM »
My dad is turning his 383 into a 496. Everything is going to be changed and we will need a bigger carb. He thinks it needs an 850. Been looking at the quick fuel carbs but maybe there is something better? He will be running pump gas not e85
"Without DATA, you're just another person with an OPINION"

'17 Daytona 392

'18 Challenger R/T

Offline tbird

• Engine And Power Adder Guru
  • South Side Member
  • Octane: Tech:5/Laugh:53
Re: carburetor suggestions
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 11:41:20 PM »
If he wants an out of the box deal in a "budget" price range, they are nice carbs.   

Any carb you get, if you have the option to call and have someone at least suggest the best carb in there line up, or have them spec one out for the application and its use, is gonna be the best end result.

There is one brand in particular that I would not suggest.   If you want to know PM me.

Otherwise there are plenty of carb companies that should do a good job.
AED, BLP, Braswell to name a few.

Braswell is in the top.  They have improved all the holley designs and have very good custom programs.  Basic but sharp looking carbs.   Never heard a bad thing about them.   Pricey 
Any power adder will do.
78 Tbird  S480 E85 Blowthru
89 S10  Twin 58mm Holsets   E85
91 Probe GT 2.2  16g  e85

Offline underdog

• South Side Member
  • Octane: Tech:0/Laugh:28
    • South Side Street Cars
  • 1) Vehicle: 06 Corvette Z51 Conv
  • 2) Engine: 6.0
  • 3) Best E/T: 10.774
  • 4) Power Adder: n/a
Re: carburetor suggestions
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 12:39:11 PM »
I agree, Braswell ftw. You get what you pay for.
Dogg
(pronounced DAHG)